- Platforms, adventure, exploration and "Metroidvania" game mechanics
- "Artisan" graphics, halfway between cartoon and 90's arcade games
- Huge environments, full of secrets, items and collectibles
- A nightmare world full of enemies and final bosses, but with a lot of NPC's that will help Billy on his adventure
- Dark storyline, with seamy plot twists linked to each of the ten kids lost in their nightmares
This story takes place in Donorok, in the state of Noctum. After the King of Noctum, Aster, disappears, chaos rules over the world. The relationships between Monsters, Mongos, and Dreamers are completely unstable, and Donorok - the land so heavily affected by the chaos - slowly absorbs terrain from the surrounding regions.